Modifications There's No Substitution For Experience

Divorce Modifications Lawyer in Attleboro

Decades of Experience Fighting for Clients in the Greater Boston Area

After the divorce process has concluded and a decree has been issued, both parties are bound by law to abide by the guidelines set forth. However, if either party experiences a drastic change in his or her life circumstances, it is possible to seek a modification to the divorce decree from the court.

At his Attleboro offices, Attorney Brian D. Roman provides clients with comprehensive representation in all types of family law matters, including modifications. With more than 20 years of experience handling modifications and other post-divorce issues, Mr. Roman understands the handling of modifications for all family situations. These could include individuals who were never married but have an existing family court order pertaining to child support or child custody.

Need to consult with an Attleboro divorce modification lawyer? Contact Brian D. Roman today and schedule a consultation by calling (508) 576-5922 or contacting us online.

Changes That Warrant a Modification

In order to modify custody, support, alimony, or any other established family court orders, it is necessary to show that one of the parties has sustained a change in his or her life that has a direct impact on the order in question.

Types of changes may include:

  • The gaining or loss of a job
  • The gaining or loss of income
  • A subsequent marriage
  • The birth of additional children

Regardless of the life changes you have experienced, it is essential that any alterations to standing orders be made with a court's approval. If you decide to change the terms of an order, even with the consent of the other party, the terms are not enforceable if a court does not approve. You may also be subject to contempt actions if you are found to be in violation of an established order.

Enforcement of Family Court Orders

It is possible for a court to help an individual seek the enforcement of an order. If a parent is not paying his or her child support or visitation arrangements are not being adhered to, the party who is in violation of the order may be held in contempt and subject to additional legal action.

Get help from Brian D. Roman, Attorney at Law today. Call (508) 576-5922 now.

How Can We Help?

Hear From Our Happy Clients

Reviews & Testimonials

At Brian D. Roman, Attorney at Law, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.

    "A pleasure to deal with."
    Mr. Roman is an excellent lawyer. He did what he said he was going to do. A pleasure to deal with.
    - Previous Client
    "Best Lawyer Around"

    Mr. Roman exceeded my expectations. After an unfortunate car accident that left me fearful of losing my license, job and ability to transport my child, I scrambled to find a lawyer who would help me fix the mess I got myself into. Mr.Roman came through with the best possible result I could have asked for. He is known in the courts and I could tell he was respected and liked. He is the guy you want on your side walking you through the murky waters of the judicial system. It’s a scary place to be but I always felt confident with Mr. Roman by my side. Thanks again for everything, I owe you more than I could ever repay!

    Hired attorney
    - William
    "Top Notch"

    Brian listened and understood my situation without missing any of details after just one meeting. The outcome was a success and Brian really reduced stress levels all the way around.

    A Great Lawyer to have in your corner!

    - Rich
    "Excellent and caring Attorney!"
    Attorney Roman is the true definition of someone who knows his craft. A very humane Lawyer, always available to answer my many calls and questions. I would totally and absolutely recommend him.
    - Laura F.
    "Attorney Roman is ABSOLUTELY the best lawyer you could ever hope for..."
    Attorney Roman is ABSOLUTELY the best lawyer you could ever hope for...he was there for me every step of the way. He was very honest and helpful with the very serious charges against me. He took control of my case and worked diligently to get the best possible result for my case. He made sure I was informed during every step of the court process, and actually did seem to care about me as a person. I would highly recommend him to anyone since he is not just a good lawyer, but also a good guy as well!
    - Steven
    "Great to Work with Brian"
    I hired Brian to deal with a personal matter where I felt we would best represented by an Attorney. Brian was more than willing to take this case on. Brain was able to obtain the judgment in our favor. Brian is very personable, and I would hire him again without a second thought.
    - Sean
    "If you are ever in need of a lawyer Brian Roman is the man to call."
    I used Brian Roman for a case that was a misunderstanding with the police. We called next day and was able to talk and field a plan with him. He answered every call and text, even off hours. In difficult situations like this he was honest and straight forward, making sure we knew our options. We were able to have a favorable outcome thanks to his knowledge and experience. If you are ever in need of a lawyer Brian Roman is the man to call.
    - Former Client
    "Highly recommend"

    Could not have been happier with Brian. He promptly returned all calls and texts and fully listened to and answered every single question. Brian is very professional and clearly very experienced. He comes with a very high recommendation from us.

    This review is from a person who hired this attorney.

    Hired attorney
    - Anonymous

What Sets Us Apart?

6 Benefits that Give Your Case the Advantage it Needs
  • Strong Relationships within the Court System
  • Results Driven. Proven Track Record
  • Legal Service in Massachusetts & Rhode Island
  • 24/7 Availability
  • Nearly 3 Decades of Experience
  • Former Prosecutor

Contact Us for Your Free Consultation Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy